Wow, that is simply a beautiful set. I too must say that I wish I could do something so lovely. Your neice is a very lucky girl! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
They are so adorable.
Wow, that is simply a beautiful set. I too must say that I wish I could do something so lovely. Your neice is a very lucky girl! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
If I put my thumb up, will you knit me a mitten to wear on it? You did get the thumbs on those tiny mittens! I can't believe you improvised the pattern!
Your version is much nicer than Kirsten's sweater. I love the color and it looks like it's loose enough to wear comfortably. Maybe even layer something under it? Kirsten's sweater is too tight, in my humble opinion.
Why shouldn't Felicity wear her breeches with the jacket of her riding habit? I've done that -- looks fine! Two hats at the same time, though? Maybe not.
I wish I could find a Travel Sized Junior Monopoly to send you. I bought mine from a store that isn't around any more. It's just the right size for the AGs to play and takes less time than the full-sized game. Instead of buying property in NY (or however your game is set up), you buy the rights for different concession stands at an amusement park. It's lots of fun. I sometimes play a game with my AGs! I think Kamilla would love it.
Great job. Please post when the scarf is done, so we can see Kirsten modelling the whole outfit. Oh, by the way, Coconut also needs a dog coat!
Thank you all for your thumbs up.
Cherry that's funny that you mentioned it, but my sister said something almost the same, that Coconut now needs a matching hat.
Cherry,
Kirsten's HAND KNIT woolens are too tight but the current version looks much better and they don't have the strings inside. But then you loose that nice handmade look. <SIGH>
Miki! You did a GREAT job!! I love them! the color is wonderful!!! Better than AG!!! love the heart pattern! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
That is so neat, Miki, that you learned all those things in school!
All we had was Home Economics in high school, which was half sewing (on a machine) and half cooking. It was fun, but I would have loved to have learned something so practical as knitting in the early grades. That must really give the kids something to be proud of.
In high school, they did offer a "shop" class, which was woodworking (using power tools, etc) and I would have loved to have taken that, too, but at the time only boys took that class.
I can't remember ever taking a class in art or crafts...I would have loved that. We mostly did crafts after school in girl scouts or camp fire girls.
Now, I'm not sure if the high schools even offer these types of classes...I've heard some things have been cut out due to costs (and some people compaining that kids should only concentrate on academics) [img]frown.gif[/img]
Miki- Thanks for sharing your fun weekend details with us. It sounds like a nice weekend, and your sister is lucky to have someone take care of her daughter while she and your BIL go to the theater. On another topic, my oldest son who is 19 called me yesterday. He is in college at the University of Wisconsin at Eau Claire - a small city in northwestern Wisconsin. He was excited to tell me that he bought tickets to the "Viennese Ball." Apparently, it is a formal ball where the men wear tuxedos and the ladies wear gowns. The theme is Vienna and it is an annual event on campus. Tickets are already sold out. Sounds interesting!
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 07, 2005 02:18 PM: Message edited by: judiaci ]</font>
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">In Jr High we had Home Ec (cooking in 7th grade, hand sewing in 8th grade and machine sewing in 9th grade), AND Shop (drafting, woodworking and metals). I was terrible at everything except cooking!Originally posted by Aunt Cornelia:
That is so neat, Miki, that you learned all those things in school!
Now, I'm not sure if the high schools even offer these types of classes...I've heard some things have been cut out due to costs (and some people compaining that kids should only concentrate on academics) [img]frown.gif[/img]
If I could have learned to make cute stuff for Kirsten in elementary school I would have been in heaven!
When I was at Highschool we had home economics as you call it or cooking in the 3rd and 4th year. It was mandatory and in addition to 2 hours of needlework. I think both years we always had it every 2nd Monday, as we shared the kitchen with one of the other seven classes. We'd have 4 hours each time, also the teacher would let us leave earlier once we'd finished cleaning and writing down the menu for the next class. That was just for us girls, the boys would have 2 hours of geometric drawing every Monday, but every other Monday we could leave already at 12 noon, which was great.
Bookmarks